[framework] inline meterpreter payload

Michael Schierl schierlm at gmx.de
Wed Sep 12 11:07:45 CDT 2012

[resent message as I was subscribed with the wrong email address]

Am 12.09.2012 01:37, schrieb Stephen Haywood:
> I've got  a C program that does exactly that but have never been able
> to get it to connect back to Metasploit after the second stage is
> executed.

Assuming this is for X86 arch, you have to make sure that the EDI
register contains your socket descriptor (the value of the ConnectSocket
variable). You can do this via inline asm, but it might be easier to
just prepend the 5 bytes for setting it to your shellcode:

BF 78 56 34 12           mov edi, 0x12345678

For 64 bit, you have to use the RDI register (and need 10 bytes):

48 BF 78 56 34 12 00 00 00 00     mov rdi, 0x12345678

Hope this helps,

Michael

PS: This is the reason why the calling convention within Metasploit is
called "sockedi" :-)